Connect To The World with a customer engagement strategy.
Best digitized solutions strategy for your brand & business
Armenia / Yerevan
Make Digital Your Tool, Not Goal
SMART DIGITAL STRATEGY FOR LEAD GENERATION & CUSTOMER ACQUISITION
- IMarketLab can cover all your digital needs making it easy for you focus on managing your business whilst we ensure your customers can find you online.
- Whether you need a website, video advertising, Google adverts or a full digital strategy with a tactical implementation.
- We help clients pinpoint emerging opportunities, find unexpected value, and create new businesses by harnessing the full power of digital.
- We provide clients with proprietary, sector-specific research and insights on what drives value in the digital economy.
- Our approach is immersive and experiential, anchored around five key workshops that help identify the optimal portfolio of initiatives—a selection that balances investing in digitizing a company’s current business model against innovating new business models, and creating alignment among the executive team.
What Should a Digital Strategy Include?
A digital strategy depends on the skills of the entire team. It doesn’t begin out in the cloud; instead, it is inseparable from the efforts of the developers, designers, marketers, strategists, content writers and so on.
Defining precisely what a businesses human capital will do and how they’ll integrate their work with one another to create a fully integrated strategy comes next.
Only after the goals, people and processes are in place do we consider the platforms they’ll need. Again, technology is the tool, not the driver. Platforms depend on individual company goals; they can include cloud servers, content management systems, data analytic systems, mixed reality, artificial intelligence, geo-based apps and more.
Once platforms have been identified, then the individual products that make up your digital strategy are identified. These may include apps, wearables, responsive websites, IoT smart products, augmented reality experiences and more.
Once you have your digital products, then the question is how you’ll connect those products with people. Which channels work best as delivery conduits in your strategy? These can include in-person shopping experiences, email, social media, workplace networking, intranet, websites, IoT remote connections and so on.
It’s important to pursue and maintain a clear sense of your user experience. Are your brand’s visual cues consistent and compelling? Is your company’s voice authentic? Are you evoking a sense of ease and delight as people interact with your company?
At the pinnacle of the digital strategy framework, it’s all about people, and not just the ones who buy your products or services — although of course they are important. An effective digital transformation also streamlines the experience of your employees, your vendors and suppliers, your partners and stakeholders.
Ask the Right Questions
A good strategy begins not just with asking questions,
but with asking the right ones.
Assessment & Assignment